Love & Friendship
Stars: Kate Beckinsale and Chloe Sevigny
‘Love & Friendship’ movie review; Lady Susan Vernon has her own way of getting things done in life. No matter what other people think of her.
Together with her daughter and best friend she defies all customs and etiquette and makes her own rules to live by. She will find herself a good husband and make sure her daughter marries up in life.
Everyone who stands in her way is surprised by how smart, witty and devious she really is.
Will the man she has in mind fall for her? Or will he see her for who she really is?
ChickFlick Database favorite ‘Love & Friendship’ moment: minute 27.43 When Sir james is first introduced and they get to know him in his own special way
ChickFlick Database favorite ‘Love & Friendship’ quote: minute 16.14
- ‘I will read every word, comma and dash if that is what you wish’
- ‘I grow deeply uneasely, comma, about Reginald, comma, my dearest mother, comma etc.’ 🙂
- ‘Just the words please’
- ‘No punctuation at all? Alright, that is much easier’
What did you think of ‘Love & Friendship’? Kate Beckinsale is amazing in this role. But compared to other stories by Jane Austen that have been made into a movie, this one is really funny but not as romantic as the stories originally are.
What did you think about this movie compared to other Jane Austen Stories? Let me know and leave your comment below. Or rate this movie; just click on stars above and press “Accept”.
Love & Friendship
Kate Beckinsale becomes Lady Susan Vernon7.5/10
Hilarious British humor7.5/10
Compared to other Jane Austen stories not the best movie so far6.5/10
Why you should watch this ChickFlick
- If you like Jane Austen books this is a must see
- Kate Beckinsale is soo witty and clever as the posh and devious main character
- The jokes throughout the movie (if you pay close attention) are priceless
Why you could skip this one
- The story isn't very romantic
- The main character gets away with almost anything and reality is lost a little
- The pace of the movie isn't very high, but it is a costume movie so no surprises there